“My M.O. in life right now, is being fully present and fully engaged and doing everything with my whole heart and all of my energy, until I’m not doing that particular thing anymore, and then I move on”.
Ashley is the Chief People Officer at Freshii, a Canadian food empire now in 18 countries, with a mission to make healthy food affordable and convenient. Ashley has a Masters in Counselling Psychology, and uses her knowledge and understanding of people to inspire individuals and organizations to think differently about culture, human resources, leadership and people development.
Ash dives into the role of mindfulness in harnessing her energy and allowing her to remain present and effective as a single mom with a thriving career as an female executive. She shares her balanced approach to life and food, her love of bread(often paired with avocado), and how she satisfies her drive to learn while doing it all.
Ash’s Favourite Books:
- Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility — Patty McCord
- Untethered Soul : The Journey Beyond Yourself — Michael A. Singer
- Harry Potter — J.K. Rowling
- Tools of Titans : The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers — Timothy Ferriss Ferriss
Ash’s Favourite Podcasts:
- Making Sense with Sam Harris
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Heart Wisdom with Jack Kornfield